( due date Oct 8th)
Claudette made us a salmon salad for supper.
Started getting supper ready at around 5. Had everything ready to go food on table just waiting for pat to get home. I told Weston to go to window and wait for daddy to get home. We were still waiting so I went to wait with Weston at the window when I realized he pooped. So I picked him up and carried him to the change table. I laid him down and immediatly my water broke! Gushing water that continued. I quickly changed Weston bum and called Pat told him to hurry cuz we had a leak.
I was getting nervous. Called mom and told them to come over.
No contactions just kept leaking. Thank God for the Attends that I kept from having Weston. Cleaned up the floor haha.
Pat called hospital and they said to have a shower and have something to eat then head in.
So tried to stay calm and get Weston settled and get ready to head out.
Got to hospital at prob 645-7
They put me in delivery room without even checking wasn't very busy. Talked to a nurse and she went and did some paper work . Gillespie was on call so they called him.
Went for a walk to admit office. Took the stairs still no contractions. 730-8 ish.
Returned to room went to bathroom. Was getting mild contractions felt more like gas. Had a bowl movement.
Gillespie finally came but still didn't even check me just signed off on some fentinal not sure. Was starting to get stronger contractions. Was just praying thru them keeping calm paced the room.
Finally nurse decided to put IV in and checked me.
Dialated I think 8 cm. It wasn't very long before I felt the push urge and told the nurse. Think she checked agian and wAs surprised and quickly call doc. Remeber her saying I don't want to deliver this baby especially if it's a big one. Haha
Gillespie came and within a few pushes mister Nelson Shane Steeves was born weighing a whopping 10 pounds 15.5 ounces 23 1/4 inches
Doc stitched me up and then I nursed Nelson who came out a pro! and then off to the NICU he went for the night!
Child Birth is so amazing. Makes you feel so ALIVE and so in love with a God that created such a miracle for us to experience!
precious memories!
moments you never want to forget!

No comments:
Post a Comment