Sunday, June 19, 2011

JUNE 7TH Bright and Early

Well June 7th bright and early I got up and had a shower, scrubbed and shaved , grabbed my suitecase and off to the hospital we went for 7:45. Pat was late ( surprise) which ment my 5 min that i had alloted for the Tims drive thru was eaten up and we rushed to the hospital without a coffee in my hand :(
We got there and after growling and being cranky we made our way up to labor and delivery .
The nurse intructed me to change into a gown and pee in a cup and come out ready to be examined by my Doc . She was off getting the "cervidel"( cervix softener) ready for the Doc to insert .

Within a few min of sitting in the little room my Doc and his intern( who had examined me the day before, saying my water couldnt be broken) arrived. We all cracked a few jokes made small talk and then it was down to business
So yea I went for profile Monday and all was well . Saw Doc and his intern did my internal exam. She said I wasn't dilated very much and she wouldn't of been able to break my water.
So doc said to meet him next morning at 7:45 in labor and delivery and he was going to insert something called" cervidel" that would soften my cervix so that they would be able to get in and break my water.
He said we would be there for q few hrs then go home and then go back at 8 pm and get checked to see if it was working and then wenesday morning at the latest they would break my water.
So we went tuesday morning and doc went to digging around and he says to the nurse get me a pad . She's says oh your going to break her water ?" yup ! So in he goes again and a min or so later out she flows .
I had said to pat on the way that I was half expecting doc to check things out and be able to break my water without the cervidel process. I figured the intern just wasn't as experienced and it was 2;30 in the afternoon and he just wanted to wait til the morning to break it. Sure enough that was the deal.
Pat was shocked that he broke my water. He wasn't expecting it. He figured it would be wenesday morning . 
(pacing the room trying to get things moving)       ( finally got my coffee)
So anyway 8 am he broke my water . They got us settled in delivery room monitored the baby and then sent me walking to try to get the contractions to kick in.
I went back at 10 and they checked baby again and nurse said if by 11am nothing was happening doc said to put me on a petocin drip. So 11am came and nothing yet. So she got my IV all hooked up and started pumping the petocin to me. Increasing it every 10 min
 At 11:30 I had gone to the bathroom and by the time I got out I was ready for a shot of fentinal. It was so weird I was sitting on the toilet and the baby did something and I swear I could hear it just as much as I felt it . He must of moved quickly and in a weird way and it was really freakin weird it was like hearing and feeling a big "POP" . I felt a gush of more water when that happened.
So I came out of the bathroom and it was prob 11:45 ish.
Nurse gave me a shot of fentinal and got the gas out and ready. Those are my drugs of choice! :)
So I sat on the bed buzzed( which I don't remeber being blurry eyed and buzzed with the other 2 boys ) it was actually very enjoyable. A great distraction !
So contractions increased and came sooner .
Nurse kept asking me if I wanted to push and I said umm prob soon but not just yet.
So a little bit after that she suggests that I roll to my side . It will help to position the baby if he was stuck or not exactly face down.
Well holy crap! I could barely roll over it hurt in a really weird way and was extremly uncomfortable.
I was like " no , no, I can't , nope can't " haha and the nurses were like yes u need to just a little longer . Well as soon as I rolled over like almost instantly the baby was coming out.
I was like it's "Go time ladies" and the nurses started scrambling, which freaked me out. They were like get Dr Gillespie NOW!!!! We don't want to deliver this baby if it is going to be a big one in case it gets stuck etc.
So there I was listening to them panic and thinking this baby is coming LIKE NOW! I was like I have to push now. And they were like NO don't push just breath thru it. Hahaha makes me laugh now. I was looking the the nurse who is saying don't push and I am saying I am pushing involuntarily and couldn't do anything about it.
Thank God within a few min Gillespie came in the room. I can remeber him saying " I almost feel bad about plowing that poor old lady down in the hallway" haha
I am assuming he had to hussle down fr his office pretty quickly .
I'd say from the time he got there and the time Lenon came out it was less then 10 min.
I think I pushed a few times and out he shot!
So it was from 11:30 start of contractions to baby out at 1:10 pm.
It was neat cuz I said to the nurse when she put me on the drip that I figured I'd have baby by 1pm. 10 min off . Not bad.
So he came out at 10 pnds 4oz. Not much smaller than the boys but he was smaller even at 8 days over due.

                                       


 Lenon has arrived!
So amazing ! what a awesome experience Child birth is!

 Doc stitched me up I nursed lenon and they took him to the nicu to monitor his blood sugars ( when over 10pnds the keep them over night )
 cleaning and weighing and checking him out!
 Daddy checking out his Boy!
 Very Proud Daddy!

Nursing LEnon for the first time before he is taken to the NICU
 a little chill time with daddy
( chillin in the NICU his face looking very swollen. )


 His face isnt as blue in this picture but you can see some bruising still around his eyes and nose. Sucking on his fingers. I wonder if he did that in my belly?
 cuddling wiht daddy while we vivisted him in the NICU
 admiring our new cutie pie. his belly was full and he was ready to go back to sleep in his incubator.
 the boys came to visit their brother shorlty after he was born. They didnt make it in time so they had to see him thru the NICU doors. They were so excited. Nelson kept yelling BABY! BABY! .
After we put Lenon back in his bed we went and saw the boys. Nelson enjoyed a wheel chair ride on mommys lap!wish i got a picture of that. :(



  So we had to go feed and see him there til next day at noon when he came in our room finally.
They kept me on the petocin drip for 12 hrs post delivery to help uterus to contract which apparently they do when u have had a few kids and quick deliveries just to help . Well crap my after pains were pretty intense and I only realized after that it was because of the petocin and when I realized I was like get this off me! It's one thing to have the discomfort of contractions when your body is trying to deliver a baby but when the baby is out enough with the pain.
Within a 1/2 hr my pain stopped and besides while nursing my stomache didn't hurt .
Lenon is a great nurser and he's pretty mellow. Pretty descent sleeper and has defiantly already learnt the art of sleeping at a busy loud house.
So that's this weeks episode of the "BABY STORY" haha
 ( his hand was tucked right in my shirt, it was so cute)
 ( admiring our new little boy! so sweet!)


The boys came to visit their new little brother the next day!
 Nelson wanted nothing but to smooch his baby! it was so cute!
 Nelson wanting to get up with mommy and the baby!
 The boys were eating all my snacks and weston wanted to hold his baby!
 Nelson after trying unsuccessfully to put the soother in the babies mouth decided that his mouth would do just fine. guess i will have to keep a eye on the baby's soother!
 Checking out their Baby Bro!
 Tightly wrapped and crashed!
 catching a little much needed snooze!
 Thursday 10:30 ish AM we were discharged to go home! Lenon all tucked in and ready to roll!
 We went home to have a visit with the boys before Grammy took them for a few days. They were so excited to see their brother.Especially because Lenon Brought them " healthy gummie bears" Weston was so excited. he Grammy later why the baby brought him gummy bears" too cute.
 Weston sat there and talked and sang to Lenon for a while, couldnt get him away from him. he is just as in love as us!
Pretty awesome to come home and be with all our boys. We have a amazing family! SO BLESSED!


I have recovered the quickest of all deliveries. I was up walking shortly after delivery. I didn't swell much and my stiches have healed great and have had no problems.
I was able use the ride on mower 4 days after, with no prob. So I feel bout 90% which is awesome cuz if I am not doing the things I do around the house that I do, then they are not getting done.
Business as usaul around here and loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment