Saturday, March 30, 2013

Good baby ? As apposed to a " Bad" baby ??????

I am often asked , and have been for all our babies , if Victoria is a good baby !
I guess I know what they mean but it makes me laugh a bit at what they are asking and it sounds like a weird thing to ask if u think about it . Not sure but I don't think there is actually a bad baby .
But like I said , I do understand what they are getting at .
And my resounding answer for all our babies has always been " yes we have had 4 very content babies , great eaters and sleepers and pretty easy going "
We have been doing pretty good with sleep at night . I have a routine that I used with all our babies . I feed them every 3 hrs and starting at 7 pm I cluster feed every 2 hrs . So 7,9,11 which is bedtime for me . By feeding every 2 hrs it helps to build up calories in their bellys that help them sleep longer .
So far V sleeps from 11 til 2:30-3 and I give her a quick half asleep feed for a few min and then put her back down and she then sleeps for another 3-4 hrs and then another quick feed and back to sleep she goes at which point it's usually time for me to get up and I get a shower in before she wakes again .
Normally our babies sleep in a bassinet beside our bed , but since we have been home Victoria has been sleeping with me in our bed . I started that because even with a bassinet beside the bed the movement and effort it took to get her in and out of there caused a strain and discomfort for my many stitches . So I have her beside me in her own little cozy spot .
Pat has been a trooper and has kindly been sleeping in the boys room with them. Which the boys love and will miss when we go back to our norm.
But we have a cool new loft bed for them that should help lesson the disappointment of daddy leaving and coming back to mommy .


















1 comment: