Delivery day ! March 14th .....
So just to back track and make a correction approx 6 am we were moved to a actual delivery room because the nurse was going to get me set up with a IV so that I would be ready for drugs when I needed/wanted them . So shortly after that I opted for a shot of fentinal to take the edge of . My contractions were getting closer together prob every 10 min and sometimes closer together maybe even 7-5 min apart . I can't remember really . I do remember that I was nice a dizzy from the fentinal and laid back and enjoyed the buzz :)
I haven't drank or smoked anything in over 10 yrs so the buzz wasn't going to go unenjoyed haha .
Then around 7 the new nurse was on and then my Doc was to be in around 8 ish . So I relaxed and then walked the room abit while still waiting for more to happen .
I still felt like things were not moving along , my contractions were closer together but werent as painful as previous births nor nearly as long per contraction ... So I was thinking this was going to take forever :(
I just looked back on the texts I sent to family and friends and 7 am I got first shot of fentinal and then my next text was at 9:31 and it said "Should be pushing soon . Fully dilated . Water still hasn't broke .....
It was funny because I was getting annoyed that it didnt seem like anything was happening and I was tired etc so I asked the nurse about a epidural and when do people usually get them etc . I figured if this was going to drag out maybe I would do the epidural so I could at least relax and maybe get some sleep .
So she says let me check u and we will see if there is any progress and then we can go fr there .
So in she goes and pokes around and then she looks at me and says " I don't feel any cervix ..."
Hahaha I was like " what ? What does that mean "?
She's days it means your fully dilated and will be ready to push soon .
It made me laugh because as annoyed as I was thinking nothing was happening , I was sure that I knew my body enough to know how it works and as I was walking around the room a few min before that I could feel the " pushing time pressure " but thought that's weird I must have to go to the bathroom cuz it can't be the bd y coming cuz my contractions werent bad or close enough or long enough .
Anyway I was fully dilated and should be feeling the pushing urge. But I wasn't yet . Although now I was starting to have back labor which was annoying so they had me lay on my side ! Back labor usually means the baby is face up and needs to rotate before coming out .
Weston was the same . So I payed on my left side for a few mins.
So I was fully dilated but my water still had not broke . I was sorting on the bed and felt a few trickles and figured it was my water starting to break . It was that or I was just peeing in the bed hahahaha oh well .
So then after a few min on the one side the nurse asked me to change sides and she put a pillow between my legs as I laid there and a min later "SPLOUSH" the dam broke !
I look at her and was like " well my water just broke finally "
She says ok lets get the doc , well wait let me make sure it was your water before we call him back " she peeks and " oh yes that was your water "
Lol if that wasn't my water we have something to be concerned about cuz the bed was so wet I was almost sliding of of it .
So I went fr thinking what the heck is the hold up at around 9:30 to water breaking around 9:50 to waiting for the urge to push and then approx 4-5 hardcore all my might pushes and her arriving at 10:07 am !!!!!
Hahahaha wow now that is the kind of deliveries I am used to . Quick !
I would have to say it was the sweeping of the membranes that's fr this delivery different and made the beginning stages of delivery drag on . But it finished much like the other deliveries , quick and smooth .
Well in the sense that they're were never any complications . For having large babies we have been extremely blessed it awesome pregnancies and smooth calm deliveries .
So Victoria arrived 2 weeks ago today at 10:07 am and was on my chest nursing within a few minutes of her arrival . She latched on like a pro and snuggled in and drank for at least a half an hr while dr Gillespie got his stitch on ...
Aaarrrggg I can still feel the pulling and tugging of being stitched up . Yuck it's a weird feeling . And thnx to the massive size of our babies I end up being the owner of many many stitches . But whatever is take them any day over a slow drawn out delivery with complications .
Within a few days I usually didnt feel them to much .
It's pretty neat that for all 4 deliveries I have a diff story /experience .
-Weston I arrived at the hospital at 8pm with contractions around 5 min apart I was 7.5 cm dilated and they broke my water and at 11:52 he was born . Not bad for the first born . And him being the biggest at 10 Pounds 15.5 ounces
- Nelson , my water broke as I was was lifting Weston onto the budge table to change a stinky diaper . It was 5:30 pm and we were waiting for pat to come home for supper . We got to the hospital around 7:30 pm and he arrived at 10:02 pm .
-lenon is and was mister laid back take his time and he was a week over die when they induced me . They broke my water at 8 am and finally at 11am after no contractions starting etc they out me on petocin to kick start labor . So at 11:30 contractions finally started and by 1:10 pm he was out in my arms .
And last but not least Miss Victoria provides us with yet a completely different delivery story to tell !
We are so BLESSED .......
Thursday, March 28, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment