Sunday, December 5, 2010

Vacation nov 2010

Nov 13-21 was our fall family vacation. We hit the road Saturday morning and grabbed out coffee and breakfast in Petti and after a stop in Sussex to say goodbye to Arnell we were offically on vacation! We made our way to just outside Bangor and pulled over and had a picnic lunch sitting in the back of the truck . The weather was great and we were just beside the water.


 We had packed egg sandwiches and fantastic chips and carrots of course. The boys chomped and chomped and chomped until they were full! YUM YUM

We then made our way to Freeport and stayed a night and shopped in the morning!

 Did  a little playing at the LL Bean store!
Then off we went to our Resort which took forever.....


Smugglers Notch Resort
 in
Vermont

Our unit had 2 bedrooms . Weston's room had 3 beds and a flat screen TV with DVD player !
PERFECT
The master bedroom had a flat screen in the room and also one up above the Jacuzzi huge tub.
We had family baths in there almost every night and got to watch TV!
It was most enjoyable!
I caught up on cake boss. which I haven't seen since we chopped off the cable at home!

 The kitchen was great but didn't have a window and i disliked the lighting!
But it was often filled with my cute boys playing or cleaning the dishes.
Nelson while on vacation turned into a climbing Monkey. It started on chairs like in the above picture and progressed to us turning our backs for a minute and finding him up on the kitchen table!
 There was a little kids table and chairs that the boys loved. And with all the TVs Weston and I got in some good snuggle time watching our shows.
I think this was our most relaxing vacation Ive had. Possibly because I slept and watched TV for 2 days straight near the end of the week because I wasn't feeling good. Must of been a bug!
or it could of been all of this chocolate we ate! we scored this candy cane bark at Costco. double layered and big for 9.99$
Can you say CHEAP!
unfortunately we ate the whole thing! took us a week but we polished it off!

So after eating our faces off we finally decided to get some exercise and go to the pool/splash park

 Mommy was tired so Weston volunteered to carry me and the little baby in my belly!

The pool was a big surprise.
It was amazing!
Very loud but pretty cool.
Had the splash park and 2 hot tubs and a pool

Splish Splash!

Nelson whined the entire time!
The splash park was extremely loud and it freaked him out.
Thought we would try to bring him in but it didn't seem to really make it any better so I sat with him as far away from the noise as possible!
We cuddled and relaxed while the boys played and splashed!

 Nelson already taking a liking to Oakley's.
Yikes!

We took a day trip to Ikea in Montreal which was only 2 hrs away.
I was on a mission to spend 500$ for "project under the tree " which is a
a Christmas charity that fills boxes with gifts for adults!
I decided that ikea would be a great place to shop for things to fill the boxes!
I spent 3 hrs and filled 2 carts to the top with stuff !
I was exhausted , but had a great day.
Pat had the boys and ate food with them and played with them!

 Weston wanted to show me his favorite bed so he had a quick nap! hahah
 Nelson watched Weston and played at the table!


 We had a amazing fun filled vacation! Many adventures and laughs were had!
Saturday morning we packed the truck back up and hit the road !
We were on our way home with a stop and nights stay in Bangor!

We had to make many bathroom stops but this one was funny!


Weston had to poop. So we pulled over and I spotted this sign! My mom will get it and will laugh.
I as a child had see a sign somewhere and it said " no DUMPING" and according to my parents I had said " "who would want to dump there anyway"
obviously meaning POOP

So we saw this sign and i had to get a picture of him pooping in front of the sign.
As we were laughing and thinking we were hilarious we realized the joke was on us. Because while the boys were out dumping I was going to change Nelson and realized that he not only pooped he EXPLODED all over himself.
So we had quiet the bathroom break on that one!

We made it to Bangor at a good time and while Pat and nelson napped and relaxed Weston and I shopped until it was BBQ chicken nachos time !
Delicious!
Then I wrapped the night up with some solo shopping when I scored some cheap cool maternity clothes!


GREAT FAMILY FALL VACATION!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like so much fun. i love the ikea day, i am SO going this summer...with a list!

    ReplyDelete