Well this week started out with decorating for Christmas and trying new treats!
One day at quiet time( which is when nelson sleeps and mommy and Weston cuddle on the couch and watch each of our own favorite show)I decided to surprise Weston with some apple cider in a real cup like mommy's and it was a big hit! he loved it! He was so proud of his cup. I would look over and watch him gulp down the cider and he would smile at me with it dripping off his chin!
So in the spirit of Christmas and well I had been craving them I decided to make short bread cookies. But cookies I would feed the kiddies. And that means natural sweeteners only! Ive tried alot of different recipes for treats with natural sweeteners only to be disappointed. But I hit the jackpot with these. I used brown rice syrup as the sweetener and they turned out great. Very close if not identical tasting as when made with icing sugar! lets just say the kiddies and well myself loved and devoured them quickly! ( made ginger snap cookies today that we disappointing but the kids love them so hooray for yummy treats for them. ) I will stick with my ginger recipe from last year that turned out pretty good!
Saturday morning we got up early jumped in daddy's work truck and took off for the day. The Christmas fun filled day.We had a family breakfast which was yum and then off we went to Yuletide Tree farm!
Loaded the boys into the sled and set off on our search for the perfect "2010 steeves Christmas tree!"
We took our time and tromped to the farthest Field until we spotted our tree! We deliberated as a family and came to a group decision and then the boys quickly got to work. Weston pushed , daddy sawed and Nelson oversaw the job! Good Work TEAM! hahah
Our victory photo in front of our carefully chosen , to be daily admired,, beautiful soon to be lite up Christmas Tree!
And of course the fun but cold on our bums wagon ride back to the truck! Nelson chill in with Daddy enjoying the ride!
Weston's favorite part is the wagon ride!
this picture is so cute!
Apple Cider!!!!!!!
Rapture? hahah that was sort of freaky!. Pat stripped Weston out of his gear to put him in the truck and we looked back and his pants and boots where sitting like that, had to add the jacket for the picture!
1st Christmas Parade
The weather was beautiful. Not to cold and it snowed the whole time. Big fluffy flakes!
Snowy fun filled family night!
Nelson was at home in Bed. He was a tired boy.
After we took Weston and met friends for nachos at mikes restaurant and Weston was so good. It helped that he was tired so he just occupied himself by coloring and playing and building with the creamers and crayons etc. I wish eating out was always that easy. But maybe its better that it isn't because we save so much money by eating at home!
Perfect day!

ok, next year i am tagging along with you guys to get a tree...i do fakery with my treeness, so i will live through you guys. it looks like so much fun to pick a tree!
ReplyDelete