Thursday, May 10, 2012

Big Boy

Today was the day! I finally decided to get rid of Nelson's soother habit . I've just been putting it off for a few months now because myself or pat or both of us were traveling and figure Nelson would be better behaved for whom ever was watching him if he had his soother at night .
But I had no more trips to use as a excuse .
Another reason I was letting it go so long was because attached to his soother was a key chain pat had given to the boys as a gift from a trip so I knew I wouldn't see him sleeping with his present from daddy anymore .
So I guess he had it longer than he needed to because of my needs not his lol. So today after 3 days of preparation he woke up and threw it in the garbage . He requested a treat when he agreed to cooperate with the plan a few days ago . So I agreed and he was given a pack of yummy earth gummy bears that he ate for breakfast lol .
Here is the play by play in pictures ( pictures are mixed up , annoying blogger app switches them up)
It was cute at nap time Nelson was upset about not having his soother . So he says" mommy I don't want to be a big boy anymore "
So after a 1.5 hr of tossing and turning and telling me he was done sleeping , I finally heard silence from his room. So when I went to wake him I saw he had his blanket on his face and as I pulled it off I noticed he had a soother in his mouth ! Lol guess he was hiding it with his blanket .
He found it under Weston's bed . We laughed together .
And them tonight he was stirring in his room for almost 2 hrs and then it was quiet . We found him crashed out on the floor by the door ! Good for him thou . He didn't cry at all tonight .
Wow he's no longer a little boy .
He's toilet trained , dresses himself , no soother , the list goes on and on. WOW
Bitter Sweet !
My first blog ever was a post about getting rid of Weston's soother a few yes ago ! What a amazing few years we have had !
So Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment