Well we didnt make it to his birthday cuz mommy got fed up. And when mommy gets fed up look out for quick extreme solutions.
I had heard about the paci fairy idea ( not going to happen) not a fan of fairies nor do I think my boys should be. And so i hit the internet to see if there was any clever ideas that would soften my approach of cold turkey, Scream it out for a few days and then its over. I read that u can cut the tip of the soother and gradually cut it right off.. and the child will loose interest apparently.
So after a long day out with Grammy and the boys I was ready for action. I had , had enough of my cranky mopey little boy.
So I set out on a search of all his eee hee's and grabbed the scissors while Grammy dsitracted him in the other room. I snipped off a tiny bit of the tip on all the onesIi could find.And strategically placed them back where I found them.
Just a few minutes later my very cranky boy went on the hunt for his eehee. And mom Grammy and I snicker and just sit and wait. Oh he's found one and in it goes. wait for it , wait for it. Oh there it is. Confusion!!! He tries again. Then pulls it out and with his confused scrunched up face he says " MOMMY ITS BROKEN , YOU FIX IT!So the loving caring mother I am , I look at him just as confused and say "oh really thats wierd! Grammy and I exchange a quick laughter filled glance and try not to burst out and ruin the whole thing.So in following along with the plan I ask him what he would like me to do to fix it and he suggests tape. . So I go and grab a roll of packing tape and get to fixing the" eee hee". Well after a few short minutes of taping and weston watching very intently I hold up the finished product! Oh man it took everything i had not to completelky loose my composure. It was so ridiculous . I had put tape all over it and Weston looking
satisfied took it from me and gave it another try!
Nope weston didnt feel like that fixed it properly so he hands it to me and says " MOMMY U GO TO THE STORE AND BUY ME NEW ONE"Well after explaining that big boys dont get to buy new ones he went back to playing without his" eee hee".
To not drag this story on to long I can sum up the rest by say that " Snipping the ends of was amazing. He napped without even mentioning his "eee hee " which if anyone knows weston knows that , that is pretty much a miracle. The next day he gathered all the "eee hee's" he could find and by himself he placed them up on his shelf to never be touched again.
So now to get back to the ( shuddering ) early morings that i truley despise. Prior to the destruction of the "eee hee'"s weston was a great sleeper . We on average only got up between 8-9 sometimes even as late at 9:30 am. ( part of that time weston played in his room quietly til I got up)( I on average only go to bed at 1am becuase I love the quietness of the house and i can get things done, hence the late rising) He would sometimes wake up early morning between 6-7 when pat was leaving and call for Daddy to help him find his "eee hee" that was usaully lost within the covers and once it was safely returned to his mouth he would crash back out.
Well for the past few weeks post "eee hee" , weston has not gone back to sleep after his early 6 am rising. So he would just be freaking out in his room wanting to come out . I would then go talk to him and get him some puffs( snacks) and put bob build on and tell him i would be back in a bit. Then I would climb back in bed and realize I had to go to the bathroom extremly bad and was now wide awake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So after a few weeks of pure frustration I layed in bed yesterday moring at 6am asking God to change this for me becuase I cant start my day that early . I just dont think it is necessary and honestly it just wasnt going to happen. I just didnt know the solution yet. But now I lay in bed with a pillow over my head, ready to explode, dramatically begging God to " Make it stop , please make him go back to sleep , help me find a solution please please please. "
Now to some of you reading you may be thinking that isnt that what mothers do? They get up at the crack of dawn with their children. HAHA Not this mommy.I believe in setting the rules in my house and I get to determine what time we start our day. so if my boys dont want to sleep til 8 then you can quietly play in your room until then.
So where was I ? Oh right Iam pleading with God for my sanity and asking Him for what felt to me like a miracle..........
Arrrrggggg I roll over and remove the pillow from my head and reluctantly glance up at the clock. I do a double take because I thought it said 8:30. Wait a minute it does say 8:30 . WOOOHOOO.
It had been 2 weeks of weston getting up early and carrying on extermly loud until we were all awake and frustrated with each other.
Now that my friends is one of the many reasons why I LOVE my GOD. He is concerned with the things that concern me! this is defiantly a relationship I can get on board with and explore !

So 3 weeks ago Monday is when I left so that is why Weston was moping around. He MISSED ME! lol.. I can't wait to read more :)
ReplyDeleteArnie
Haha hey maybe u r right! Maybe it had nothing to do with the eee hee at all! What was I thinking! Xoxo
ReplyDeletewelcome to the dark side! hee! enjoy the blog ride. it's fun and you will have a memory of your kidlets! i linked ya up to my blog
ReplyDeletei am glad that you are getting your sleep. i still use the light with nate and it works (he cant leave his room until the light goes off)
i keep forgetting to ask you, how did the r&r jeans at costco work out for ya?